Set amongst 135 acres of tranquil bushland, Sutton Forest Retreat is an ideal escape for large groups of friends or family wanting to enjoy a country getaway. Jimmy's Homestead comfortably accommodates, with 10 bedrooms and 6 brand new bathrooms. The house is well appointed for entertaining, featuring a spacious open-plan kitchen/dining and living area along with covered outdoor area and BBQ.
Children will love the outdoor play equipment, swings and basketball/volleyball court and the indoor rumpus room with games. For the adult's entertainment, there's table tennis and a fire pit to relax around and take in the views of rolling hills and gum trees.
Do you have a large group requiring further accommodation? The property also boasts a second house Sophie's Farmhouse, which is situated nearby and has almost identical set-up with bedrooms and bathrooms. Please see the separate listing for Sophie's Farmhouse at Sutton Forest Retreat. Jimmy's Homestead and Sophie's Farmhouse can be booked individually or all together for private group accommodation. Please use the separate listings to book just one of the houses or enquire through this website about the house you are interested in.
**The Property Features:**
• Fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher, Aldi coffee machine
• Full-screen TV and sound system
• Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning and heating
• Flexible bedding configuration perfect for 3-4 families or groups of friends
• Six bathrooms with showers (no bath)
• Rumpus room with board games and bean bags to keep the kids occupied on a rainy day
• Large yard with an outdoor playground and shared basketball/volleyball court (BYO racquets and balls)
• Covered outdoor area and heat bead rotisserie BBQ (firelighters and one bag of heat beads supplied per booking)
• Large Outdoor setting and dining table indoors seating 14
• Table Tennis
• Breezy deck with views across the paddocks ideal for enjoying evening drinks
• Laundry with washing machine and dryer
• 135 acres to explore, bush walks to creek
• Horses, a donkey, peacocks, chickens, guinea fowl and beehives
• Native animals, kangaroos and abundant wildlife
• Only one hour from Sydney or Wollongong
• 1.5 hours from Canberra and only 45 minutes from Goulburn
Sutton Forest boasts numerous wineries, the ImaginArta Australian Puppet Centre, Mt Broughton Golf and Country Club, Red Cow Farm cool-climate garden. It is also a short drive from the pretty villages of Exeter and Bundanoon. At only 15 km from popular Sylvan Glen Wedding Venue, Sutton Forest Retreat makes an ideal base for guest accommodation and is only 2 km off the Hume highway so easy to get to.
Book your stay soon to enjoy the wonder of this tranquil bush setting while relaxing with family and friends. Equally stunning in summer or the winter months!
• Bedroom 1: queen
• Bedroom 2: king singles x 2
• Bedroom 3: king singles x 2
• Bedroom 4: queen
• Bedroom 5: queen
• Bedroom 6: king singles x 2
• Bedroom 7: king singles x 2
• Bedroom 8: king singles x 2
• Bedroom 9: king singles x 2
• Bedroom 10: queen
• 12 km to Elling Forest Winery and function rooms
• 12 km to St Maur Wines and cellar door
• 15 km to Sylvan Glen Wedding venue
• 15 km to Imagin Arta Australian Puppet Centre, Sutton Forest
• 15 km to Red Cow Farm cool-climate garden
• 17 km to Exeter
• 18 km to Montrose Berry Farm
• 20 km to Mt Broughton Golf and Country Club,
• 20 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 27 km to Bundanoon
• 33 km to Bowral
• 3 km to Our Pauline Fathers Monasteries.
**Property Specific Notes:**
Pets are NOT welcome at this property.
This property does NOT have internet access or Wi-fi.
To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
Payment for the booking warrants you and all guests staying will abide by the Code of Conduct for Short Term Rental Accommodation which can be viewed under the Guest Information tab on our website or a link which will be sent to you in your booking confirmation email.
Please note that there is another holiday rental on the property, and the driveway is shared. There is also a caretaker living on the property who is available to help with any issues - just call us, and we will contact him for you.
Note there are unfenced dams beyond the fenced yard, children must be supervised at all times.
Guests may pat the horses and donkey, but please only feed them fruit, carrots and bread over the fence and do not enter their paddock.
This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
Terms and conditions apply for this property and payment warrants your agreement and that of all other guests staying at the property with you.
The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay. Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties.
If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
Extras may be available for hire including portacots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost.
Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message.
Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
If we had more properties in our management portfolio we could easily get them booked. Demand is high and supply just can’t keep up. Please send us a message or call us if you would like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management.