Search Byron Bay, New South Wales Hotels from AU$78
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 8 Oct. 2020
Visiting Byron Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Byron Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. In Byron Bay, there are 313 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway) 22.4 from the city center. The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY) 40.5 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Byron Bay
Cultural venues in the city include Bangalow Historical Museum & Tea Rooms, Brunswick Picture House, and Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum. Favorite family attractions include Macadamia Castle and Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Main Beach, Arakwal National Park, and Belongil Beach.
In Byron Bay, you'll find 313 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beach Suites - This 4.5-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Brunswick Heads Motel - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Byron Bay Farm Cottages - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities.
Getting Around Byron Bay
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mullumbimby Station. Byron Bay might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Byron Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- About 1.34 inches of rain falls on Byron Bay each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Byron Bay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Byron Bay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Byron Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Byron Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Byron Bay?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Byron Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Byron Bay?
What's the best luxury hotel in Byron Bay?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Byron Bay?
What's the best golf hotel in Byron Bay?
Recent Reviews in Byron Bay
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Byron Bay airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Byron Bay?
- Where to stay near top Byron Bay attractions?
- More accommodation types in Byron Bay
- What kind of hotels are in Byron Bay?
- Which hotel chains are in Byron Bay?
- What are the most popular hotels in Byron Bay?
- Are there hotels near Byron Bay?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends