Search London Hotels AU$79
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 4 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Sep. 2020
Where to stay in London
4.5/5Wonderful!(365 area reviews)
Relax in the stunning park with a view of the palace, explore the upscale high street and visit the galleries and museums of this affluent neighborhood.
Lose yourself in the maze of boutiques and bars or pull up a chair and watch the numerous street performers work their magic in this entertaining district.
4/5Very Good!(17 area reviews)
Wander around London’s financial district in the scenic docklands with the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They are home to some of the world’s biggest companies.
Kings Cross St. Pancras
See cultural exhibits, relax in the Champagne bar and visit Platform 9 and 3/4 in this international hub that connects London to mainland Europe.
Find some of London’s best shopping, famous auction houses and five-star hotels in this London neighborhood surrounded by pretty parks.
History buffs will enjoy exploring London, and visitors give high marks for the popular theater scene, interesting architecture, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its art, monuments, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Chinatown, Big Ben, and London Dungeon.
- There are 4396 hotels and other accommodations in London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City) 12.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 22.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in London
Known for its theaters, museums, and art, the city's cultural venues include Chinatown, Buckingham Palace, and Museum of London. Attractions like London Dungeon, Coca-Cola London Eye, and Sea Life London Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Big Ben, St. Paul's Cathedral, and London Bridge.
In London, you'll find 4396 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chic Residency Apartments at Marble Arch - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in City of Westminster can enjoy access to parking and free train station pick-up, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Parklands B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- 41 - This 5-star hotel in City of Westminster features free WiFi, a bar, and a 24-hour business center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in London include Sky Garden, Tower of London, and Olympic Stadium. Outside the city, popular places to see include Windsor Castle, located 20.7 mi (33.3 from the city center, and Legoland, which is 22.5 mi (36.2 away.
Getting Around London
With so many transportation options, seeing London is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Charing Cross Underground Station, Embankment Station, and Leicester Square Underground Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from London Charing Cross Station, London Waterloo Station, or London Waterloo East Station.
Dressing for London
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on London each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in London?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in London, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in London?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to London?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to London?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in London?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in London?
What's the best luxury hotel in London?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in London?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in London?
What's the best accommodation in London to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in London
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the London airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of London?
- Where to stay near top London attractions?
- More accommodation types in London
- What kind of hotels are in London?
- Which hotel chains are in London?
- What are the most popular hotels in London?
- Are there hotels near London?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends