Search Gold Coast Hotel Deals AU$117
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 4 Nov. 2020
Reviewed on 25 Oct. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Gold Coast
Visit one of Australia’s most popular vacation spots and dive in the waves, spot humpback whales, go shopping or enjoy the fun family attractions and nightlife.
Visit one of Queensland’s most popular holiday spots with sparkling beaches, scenic canals, high-rise hotels, nightclubs, festivals and modern malls.
Enjoy the beaches, sip a coffee at a groovy café and enjoy the simple pleasures of an ocean-front vacation.
Enjoy this perfect weekend getaway destination with world-class surf breaks, white sands, restaurants, bars and nature walks to suit every type of traveller.
From houseboats to jet boats, humble fish ‘n’ chips to the finest dining, this northern stretch of Gold Coast perfection has it all.
Visiting Gold Coast
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Gold Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, and Dreamworld.
- There are 666 hotels and other accommodations in Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 18.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 76.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gold Coast
Families come for attractions such as Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, and Dreamworld. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Surfers Paradise Beach, Kurrawa Beach, and Pratten Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Cavill Avenue, Broadbeach Mall, and Oasis Shopping Centre.
In Gold Coast, you'll be able to select from 666 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Avocado Sunset B&B - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in North Tamborine can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Witches Falls Cottages - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast in North Tamborine can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Other top sights in Gold Coast include Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast.
Getting Around Gold Coast
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Gold Coast is simple. Nearby metro stations include Robina Station and Nerang Train Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Varsity Lakes Station, Helensvale Station, or Gold Coast City Coomera Station.
Dressing for Gold Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 64°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 59°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Gold Coast each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 51°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gold Coast?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gold Coast, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Gold Coast?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Gold Coast?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Gold Coast?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Gold Coast?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Gold Coast?
What's the best luxury hotel in Gold Coast?
What's the best boutique hotel in Gold Coast?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Gold Coast?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gold Coast?
Recent Reviews in Gold Coast
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Gold Coast airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Gold Coast?
- Where to stay near top Gold Coast attractions?
- More accommodation types in Gold Coast
- What kind of hotels are in Gold Coast?
- Which hotel chains are in Gold Coast?
- What are the most popular hotels in Gold Coast?
- Are there hotels near Gold Coast?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends