Search Brisbane Hotel Deals from AU$94
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 5 Oct. 2020
Where to stay in Brisbane
Brisbane Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(5,095 area reviews)
Discover the beating heart of the capital of the Sunshine State with its shiny high-rises, subtropical parks, funky rooftop bars and classy riverside restaurants.
Explore the calm sandy beaches and green parks that surround this picturesque peninsula and great family holiday destination just north of Brisbane.
From the rattle of morning Yum Cha trolleys to all-night dance floor beats, Fortitude Valley is the centre of round-the-clock action in Brisvegas.
Relax on one of the most beautiful beaches in Australia and take in views of the picturesque Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
With gorgeous river views on three sides, Kangaroo Point takes a clear lead for Brisbane’s prettiest neighbourhood.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Brisbane, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include The Gabba, Queen Street Mall, and Roma Street Parkland.
- There are 464 hotels and other accommodations in Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 8.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 88.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brisbane
Families come for attractions such as Portside Wharf, Doomben Racecourse, and Eagle Farm Racecourse. The riverfront and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Roma Street Parkland, Colmslie Beach Reserve, and Fort Lytton National Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Queen Street Mall, Eat Street Northshore, and Eat Street Markets.
In Brisbane, you'll be able to select from 464 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Reid's Place - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Heal House - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Cumquat House - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Brisbane include The Gabba, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, and Suncorp Stadium. One of the top places to see outside the city is Dreamworld, located 30.8 mi (49.6 from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Brisbane
With so many ways to get around, exploring Brisbane is simple. Head over to Grandchester Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Brisbane Cannon Hill Station, Brisbane Murarrie Station, or Brisbane Morningside Station. You can find out about options for water transportation at the local marina.
Dressing for Brisbane
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 57°F as the nighttime average
- Brisbane gets about 44.49 inches of rain per year
- December and February are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Brisbane?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Brisbane, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Brisbane?
What's the best hotel for families in Brisbane?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Brisbane?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Brisbane?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Brisbane?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Brisbane?
What's the best boutique hotel in Brisbane?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Brisbane?
Recent Reviews in Brisbane
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Brisbane airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Brisbane?
- Where to stay near top Brisbane attractions?
- More accommodation types in Brisbane
- What kind of hotels are in Brisbane?
- Which hotel chains are in Brisbane?
- What are the most popular hotels in Brisbane?
- Are there hotels near Brisbane?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends