Visitors can enjoy all that Ipswich has to offer including the entertainment choices, gardens, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and spas. A top sight in the area is Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium.
- You'll find 461 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 43.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ipswich
The city's cultural venues include Ipswich Art Gallery and Workshops Rail Museum. The picturesque setting of Queens Park and Limestone Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ipswich City Square and Ipswich Show Society.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ipswich. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cumquat House - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Mary's Place B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Quest Ipswich - This 4-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium, located 16.5 mi (26.5 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Ipswich
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Ipswich Station. Ipswich might not have as many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ipswich
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ipswich is 1.38 inches
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F