Visiting Sunshine Coast
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sunshine Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its spas and zoo. A top sight in the city is Australia Zoo.
- There are 539 hotels and other accommodations in Sunshine Coast
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast) 20.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunshine Coast
Families come for attractions such as Australia Zoo, Noosa Botanic Gardens, and Hastings Street. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Weyba, Noosa Beach, and Coolum Beach. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Eumundi Market, Sunshine Beach Village Shops, and Sunshine Plaza.
In Sunshine Coast, you'll find 539 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Noosa Valley Manor B&B Retreat - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Alaya Verde - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- Allara Homestead - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Getting Around Sunshine Coast
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Cooroy Station, Yandina Station, or Pomona Station. Sunshine Coast might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sunshine Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 69°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- Sunshine Coast gets about 37.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 57°F