Search Sunshine Coast, Queensland Hotels from AU$139
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Sunshine Coast
Some of the east coast's best beaches, beautiful hinterland and stylish restaurants make this upmarket, ocean-front town one of Australia's favourite destinations.
High-rise apartments, bistros and cafés line the Esplanade of this busy coastal town, known for it’s family-friendly beaches and fresh seafood.
Choose from six different beaches and a range of watersports including surfing, Jet Skiing and kayaking at this friendly coastal city.
Enjoy the creative soul of the Sunshine Coast, where antique stores, craft workshops and pottery studios are near to rainforest walks and scenic outlooks.
Swim in the surf, fish from the Maroochy River, dive a sunken warship, or just relax with the pelicans at this laid-back beach town.
Visiting Sunshine Coast
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sunshine Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its spas and zoo. A top sight in the city is Australia Zoo.
- There are 539 hotels and other accommodations in Sunshine Coast
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast) 20.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunshine Coast
Families come for attractions such as Australia Zoo, Noosa Botanic Gardens, and Hastings Street. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Weyba, Noosa Beach, and Coolum Beach. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Eumundi Market, Sunshine Beach Village Shops, and Sunshine Plaza.
In Sunshine Coast, you'll find 539 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Noosa Valley Manor B&B Retreat - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Alaya Verde - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- Allara Homestead - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Getting Around Sunshine Coast
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Cooroy Station, Yandina Station, or Pomona Station. Sunshine Coast might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sunshine Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 69°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- Sunshine Coast gets about 37.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 57°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Sunshine Coast?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sunshine Coast, will I receive a refund?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Sunshine Coast?
Recent Reviews in Sunshine Coast
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sunshine Coast airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sunshine Coast?
- Where to stay near top Sunshine Coast attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sunshine Coast
- What kind of hotels are in Sunshine Coast?
- Which hotel chains are in Sunshine Coast?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sunshine Coast?
- Are there hotels near Sunshine Coast?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends