Search Las Vegas, Nevada Hotels from AU$38
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Oct. 2020
Visiting Las Vegas
Travelers to Las Vegas give high marks for the casinos, entertainment choices, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its restaurants, shopping, and bars. Top sights in the city include Las Vegas Strip, Bass Pro Shops, and Hoover Dam.
- There are 724 hotels and other accommodations in Las Vegas
- The closest major airport is in Las Vegas, NV (LAS-McCarran Intl.) 3.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Las Vegas, NV (VGT-North Las Vegas) 10.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Las Vegas
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Ethel M Chocolates Factory, Clark County Museum, and Boulder City Hoover Dam Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Hoover Dam, Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park, and Bonnie Springs Old Nevada. The picturesque setting of Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens and Red Rock Canyon exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Las Vegas, you'll be able to select from 724 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas - This 5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this resort. This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Residence Inn Las Vegas Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in Las Vegas include Las Vegas Strip, Bass Pro Shops, and Fashion Show Mall.
Getting Around Las Vegas
You can take advantage of metro transit at Flamingo - Caesars Palace Monorail Station, Ballys and Paris Las Vegas Monorail Station, and Harrahs - Imperial Palace Monorail Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Las Vegas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 105°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Las Vegas gets about 2.32 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 103°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Las Vegas?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Las Vegas, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Las Vegas?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Las Vegas?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Las Vegas?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Las Vegas?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Las Vegas?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Las Vegas?
What's the best high-end hotel in Las Vegas?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Las Vegas?
What's the best accommodation option if you'd like to visit the local casinos in Las Vegas?
Recent Reviews & Las Vegas Accommodation Tips
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Las Vegas airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Las Vegas?
- Where to stay near top Las Vegas attractions?
- More accommodation types in Las Vegas
- What kind of hotels are in Las Vegas?
- Which hotel chains are in Las Vegas?
- What are the most popular hotels in Las Vegas?
- Are there hotels near Las Vegas?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends