Search New York Hotels AU$130
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 20 Oct. 2020
Where to stay in New York
4.5/5Wonderful!(334 area reviews)
The frenzy of Wall Street, the galleries of Soho, the green lungs of Central Park: Manhattan still has the assets – and the charms – to back up its considerable confidence.
4.5/5Wonderful!(75 area reviews)
Navigate successfully through the skyscrapers, suits and taxis that dominate daytime Midtown and you’ll find a whole heap of New York City landmarks you know and love.
4/5Very Good!(4 area reviews)
After the skyscraper-filled districts of Lower and Midtown Manhattan, Downtown Brooklyn has a more casual look and feel.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
The gritty artists’ lofts and studios of the 1970s and 80s have morphed into a trendy district full of flash boutique shops, hotels, restaurants and bars.
Upper East Side
4.5/5Wonderful!(4 area reviews)
The Upper East Side, set between Central Park and the East River, is the posh part of New York. It’s also where you’ll find some of the best museums in the city.
Visiting New York
Travelers to New York give high marks for the popular theater scene, entertainment choices, and renowned art. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its museums, architecture, and parks. Top sights in the city include Times Square, Broadway, and New York Public Library.
- There are 1355 hotels and other accommodations in New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) 9.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB) 12.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in New York
Known for its theaters, art, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Broadway, Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and Radio City Music Hall. The city is notable for landmarks like Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and Empire State Building. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: Central Park, Battery Park, and Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.
In New York, you'll find 1355 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Manhattan can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Arlington Place Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Bedford-Stuyvesant features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services.
- Baccarat Hotel and Residences New York - This 5-star hotel in Midtown features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in New York include New York Public Library, Macy's, and Grand Central Terminal. Outside the city, popular places to see include The Rock, located 16.2 mi (26.1 from the heart of the city, and Long Beach, which is 20.6 mi (33.1 away.
Getting Around New York
With so many transportation options, exploring New York is simple. Take advantage of metro transit at Times Sq. - 42 St. Station, 42 St. - Port Authority Bus Terminal Station, and 49th St. Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from New York W 32nd St. Station, New York Grand Central Terminal Station, or New York Penn Station.
Dressing for New York
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 28°F at night
- New York gets about 49.96 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in New York?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in New York, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in New York?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to New York?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting New York?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in New York?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in New York?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in New York?
What's the best luxury place to stay in New York?
What's the best boutique accommodation in New York?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in New York?
Recent Reviews in New York
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the New York airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of New York?
- Where to stay near top New York attractions?
- More accommodation types in New York
- What kind of hotels are in New York?
- Which hotel chains are in New York?
- What are the most popular hotels in New York?
- Are there hotels near New York?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends