Search Chicago, Illinois Hotels from AU$83
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Nov. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Nov. 2020
Where to stay in Chicago
The heart of the Midwest’s glittering metropolis has many offerings, from shopping and dining to parks, museums and exciting contemporary public art.
A dazzling array of boutiques, luxury shops, famous department stores and pleasant cafés, where shopaholics can lose themselves for hours.
4.5/5Wonderful!(93 area reviews)
Striking architecture, urban park space and countless entertainment options all make The Loop one of the most memorable spots in the city.
5/5Exceptional!(4 area reviews)
Both a neighborhood and a park, this northern Chicago area has gorgeous scenery, residential streets lined with stately homes and extensive shopping and dining.
4/5Very Good!(1 area review)
South Loop is the place to go for jazz and blues, museums and some of the hottest new pubs and restaurants in town.
Travelers to Chicago give high marks for the popular theater scene, interesting architecture, and renowned art. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its monuments, museums, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and Skydeck Ledge.
- There are 995 hotels and other accommodations in Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.) 13.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) 25.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chicago
Known for its theaters, art, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Chicago Cultural Center, Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theatre, and Chicago Theatre. Attractions like Skydeck Ledge, Six Flags Great America, and Navy Pier are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Willis Tower, John Hancock Center, and Buckingham Fountain.
In Chicago, there are 995 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Chicago Premier Suites - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Near North Side can enjoy access to a fitness center and a steam room, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and location.
- The Sono Chicago - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Near North Side features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bishops Hall - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Chicago include Millennium Park, McCormick Place, and Wrigley Field.
Getting Around Chicago
With so many transportation options, exploring Chicago is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Monroe Station, Monroe Station, and Adams-Wabash Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Millennium Station, Chicago Van Buren Street Station, or Chicago Union Station.
Dressing for Chicago
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Chicago gets about 39.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83��F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Chicago?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chicago, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Chicago?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Chicago?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Chicago?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Chicago?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Chicago?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Chicago?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Chicago?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Chicago?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Chicago?
What are some hotels with pools in Chicago?
Recent Reviews in Chicago
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Chicago airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Chicago?
- Where to stay near top Chicago attractions?
- More accommodation types in Chicago
- What kind of hotels are in Chicago?
- Which hotel chains are in Chicago?
- What are the most popular hotels in Chicago?
- Are there hotels near Chicago?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends