Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 9 Jan. 2021
Where to stay in Boston
4.5/5Wonderful!(17 area reviews)
This is Boston’s business district, now and back when the city was just starting.
4.5/5Wonderful!(37 area reviews)
Head to Back Bay for Victorian brownstone homes, hip coffee joints and a shopping district that rivals Manhattan’s 5th Avenue.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
Once known as strong working-class neighbourhood, South Boston has turned into a haven for young professionals.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Take a walk through the charming streets, historic buildings and small-town atmosphere of Boston’s oldest and wealthiest suburbs.
4/5Very Good!(6 area reviews)
When you land at Logan International Airport (BOS), you won’t have to go far if your holiday digs are in East Boston.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Boston, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, fascinating museums, and fun sporting events. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its theaters, architecture, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Boston Common, Boston Public Garden, and Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- There are 1197 hotels and other accommodations in Boston
- The closest major airport is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.) 3.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Norwood, MA (OWD-Norwood Memorial) 21.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boston
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include USS Constitution Museum, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, and Orpheum Theater. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Boston College, Harvard Square, and Paul Revere House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Boston Common, Boston Public Garden, and Walden Pond.
In Boston, you'll be able to select from 1197 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Moroccan Luxury Suites - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Charlestown features free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and location.
- The Merchant - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Clarendon Square Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in South End can enjoy access to free breakfast and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Boston include Faneuil Hall Marketplace, TD Garden, and Copley Place.
Getting Around Boston
With so many transportation options, seeing Boston is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Park St. Station, Downtown Crossing Station, and Government Center Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Boston-South Station, Boston-Back Bay Station, or Boston Yawkey Station.
Dressing for Boston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Boston is 39.41 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Boston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Boston, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Boston?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Boston?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Boston?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Boston?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Boston?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Boston?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Boston?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Boston?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Boston?
Recent Reviews in Boston
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Boston airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Boston?
- Where to stay near top Boston attractions?
- More accommodation types in Boston
- What kind of hotels are in Boston?
- Which hotel chains are in Boston?
- What are the most popular hotels in Boston?
- Are there hotels near Boston?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends