Search San Francisco, California Hotels from AU$104
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
1116 Specials On San Francisco Hotels
Reviewed on 20 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 22 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 22 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 7 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 14 Sep. 2020
Where to stay in San Francisco
4.5/5Wonderful!(7 area reviews)
This waterfront location is steeped in history dating back to the days of the gold rush. Today, visitors come here for its vibrant atmosphere and great food.
4/5Very Good!(249 area reviews)
Packed with a treasure trove of upmarket boutiques, designer labels and department store, shoppers will love this huge shopping plaza.
4/5Very Good!(76 area reviews)
You’ll find a lot of fit folks running and biking in the Marina District. This will give you some idea of the appeal of this waterside locale.
4.5/5Wonderful!(124 area reviews)
Most cities have a neighbourhood called “Little Italy”. But San Francisco’s Little Italy is actually called North Beach.
4/5Very Good!(16 area reviews)
Mingle with young professionals, tech geniuses and finance gurus when you walk the streets of the Financial District.
Visiting San Francisco
Travelers to San Francisco give high marks for the fascinating museums, popular theater scene, and interesting architecture. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its art, Chinatown, and monuments. Top sights in the city include South Park, Lombard Street, and Pier 39.
- There are 534 hotels and other accommodations in San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.) 19.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.) 19.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Francisco
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, and Louise Davies Symphony Hall. Attractions like Pier 39, Aquarium of the Bay, and San Francisco Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Its Chinatown and monuments are notable and landmarks include South Park, Lombard Street, and Alcatraz Island.
In San Francisco, there are 534 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Drisco - This 4-star hotel in Pacific Heights features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Cow Hollow Suites - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Marina District can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- AC Hotel by Marriott San Francisco Airport Oyster Point/Waterfront - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Other favorite sights in San Francisco include Palace of Fine Arts, Twin Peaks, and Golden Gate Bridge. Outside the city, top places to visit include University of California, Berkeley, located 10.4 mi (16.8 from the heart of the city, and Oakland Museum of California, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 away.
Getting Around San Francisco
With so many transportation options, seeing all of San Francisco is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Powell St. Station, Montgomery St. Station, and Civic Center Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from San Francisco 4th and King Station, San Francisco 22nd Street Station, or San Francisco Bayshore Station.
Dressing for San Francisco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for San Francisco is 23.15 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in San Francisco?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Francisco, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in San Francisco?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in San Francisco?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to San Francisco?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in San Francisco?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in San Francisco?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in San Francisco?
What's the best high-end place to stay in San Francisco?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in San Francisco?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in San Francisco?
What are some hotels with pools in San Francisco?
Recent Reviews in San Francisco
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the San Francisco airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of San Francisco?
- Where to stay near top San Francisco attractions?
- More accommodation types in San Francisco
- What kind of hotels are in San Francisco?
- Which hotel chains are in San Francisco?
- What are the most popular hotels in San Francisco?
- Are there hotels near San Francisco?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends