San Francisco Vacation: Coronavirus Information
Most San Francisco hotels offer free cancellation. Consider booking refundable hotels rather than non-refundable ones. Just look for the ‘free cancellation’ message during your hotel search. Prices can vary, but right now we believe that flexibility matters.
For more information about the impact of COVID-19 on your San Francisco trip, please visit our Coronavirus Information page.
Where to stay in San Francisco
4.5/5Wonderful!(7 area reviews)
This waterfront location is steeped in history dating back to the days of the gold rush. Today, visitors come here for its vibrant atmosphere and great food.
4/5Very Good!(249 area reviews)
Packed with a treasure trove of upmarket boutiques, designer labels and department store, shoppers will love this huge shopping plaza.
4/5Very Good!(76 area reviews)
You’ll find a lot of fit folks running and biking in the Marina District. This will give you some idea of the appeal of this waterside locale.
4.5/5Wonderful!(124 area reviews)
Most cities have a neighbourhood called “Little Italy”. But San Francisco’s Little Italy is actually called North Beach.
4/5Very Good!(16 area reviews)
Mingle with young professionals, tech geniuses and finance gurus when you walk the streets of the Financial District.
Top hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed on 22 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 23 Oct. 2020
Top activities in San Francisco
San Francisco Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Tour
Go San Francisco All-Inclusive: 25+ Attractions in 1 Pass
Yosemite National Park - Full Day Tour from San Francisco
San Francisco Beach Holiday
A San Francisco holiday makes it simple to relax and unwind. Whether you like the thought of chilling by the water or ambling along the shore in search of shiny seashells, a trip to San Francisco will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated. If you want to be near the city centre, find a hotel near Ocean Beach. This popular strip of coastline is only 6 miles (10 km) away. We also offer San Francisco holiday packages around Mavericks Beach and Baker Beach, two other tempting options.
Things You Should Know About San Francisco
- Staying close to the water means unforgettable vistas and lazy walks along the shoreline just before nightfall. Have a look through our San Francisco beach hotels and see what you can find.
- Lots of travellers also choose to base themselves in private holiday homes around these parts. ORANGE CRUSH and Upper Terrace Cottage by RedAwning are a few options we recommend.
- Alternatively, go for our All-Inclusive hotels in San Francisco. They make budgeting a breeze. Leave your wallet in your room and enjoy the freedom that comes with the all-inclusive way of holidaying.
- Our San Francisco things to do page is the ideal place to begin organising your trip to San Francisco. After you arrive, start up a conversation with one of the 864,800 friendly locals to learn even more.
- Save big on experiences by booking our San Francisco holiday deals. With terrific attractions like Golden Gate Bridge to discover, this destination will keep you busy.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to save money on my San Francisco holiday?
Which airports can I fly into for a San Francisco holiday?
- Oakland, CA Airport (OAK-Oakland Intl.): 4,455 flights per month.
- San Francisco, CA Airport (SFO-San Francisco Intl.): 17,304 flights per month.
- San Jose, CA Airport (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.): 5,704 flights per month.
What are the most popular types of hotels for a trip to San Francisco?
What does a holiday booking with Expedia include?
What are the best things to do in San Francisco?
- San Francisco Scavenger Hunt: Where East Meets West
- Los Gatos Scavenger Hunt: The Peak of Purrfection in Los Gatos
- Alcatraz Island Combo Package (BayCruise or HOPON HOPOFFBus)
- Wacky Walks Adventure walking tours of California
- Oakland Scavenger Hunt: Oakland Charms
- Livermore Scavenger Hunt: Livin Around Livermore