Search Hamilton Island, Queensland Hotels from AU$362
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 5 Jan. 2020
Visiting Hamilton Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Hamilton Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Hamilton Island
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef) 0.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast) 44 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamilton Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Catseye Beach and Heart Reef. Exploring the coral reef, exploring the waterfront, and golfing are top activities, while sights to visit include Hamilton Island Marina and Hamilton Island Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hamilton Island Target Sports and WILD LIFE Hamilton Island.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Hamilton Island. Here's a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beach Club - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
A top sight outside the city is Whitehaven Beach, located 7.9 mi (12.8 from the city center.
Dressing for Hamilton Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 65°F at night
- Hamilton Island gets about 1.89 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 57°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Hamilton Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hamilton Island, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Hamilton Island?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Hamilton Island?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Hamilton Island?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Hamilton Island?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Hamilton Island?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Hamilton Island?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Hamilton Island?
Recent Reviews in Hamilton Island
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Hamilton Island airport?
- Where to stay near top Hamilton Island attractions?
- More accommodation types in Hamilton Island
- What kind of hotels are in Hamilton Island?
- Which hotel chains are in Hamilton Island?
- What are the most popular hotels in Hamilton Island?
- Are there hotels near Hamilton Island?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends