Search Airlie Beach, Queensland Hotels from AU$40
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 Sep. 2020
Visiting Airlie Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Airlie Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. In Airlie Beach, there are 118 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef) 25.6 from the city center. The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast) 29.6 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Airlie Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Airlie Beach Lagoon, Bicentennial Park, and Cannonvale Beach. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and exploring the coral reef, while Port of Airlie, Abell Point Marina, and Shute Harbour Jetty are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Airlie Beach Market and Whitsunday Shopping Centre.
In Airlie Beach, you'll find 118 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Seclude Rainforest Retreat - This 4.5-star villa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Airlie Waterfront Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub.
- Mirage Whitsundays - With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
A top sight outside the city is Whitehaven Beach, located 20.7 mi (33.3 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Airlie Beach
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Airlie Beach is simple. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Proserpine Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Airlie Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Airlie Beach gets about 1.89 inches of rain per year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 57°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Airlie Beach?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Airlie Beach, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Airlie Beach?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Airlie Beach?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Airlie Beach?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Airlie Beach?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Airlie Beach?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Airlie Beach?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Airlie Beach?
Recent Reviews in Airlie Beach
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Airlie Beach airport?
- Where to stay near top Airlie Beach attractions?
- More accommodation types in Airlie Beach
- What kind of hotels are in Airlie Beach?
- Which hotel chains are in Airlie Beach?
- What are the most popular hotels in Airlie Beach?
- Are there hotels near Airlie Beach?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends