Visitors can enjoy all that Proserpine has to offer including the art, restaurants, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 118 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Airlie Beach
- The closest major airport is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast) 9.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef) 40.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Proserpine
A couple of favorite places to visit are Cedar Creek Falls and Proserpine Museum. In the area, you'll also find Cedar Creek Falls and Whitsunday Plaza.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- A & A Motel - This 3.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Proserpine
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Proserpine Station. Proserpine might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Proserpine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 70°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Proserpine is 1.65 inches
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 57°F