Travelers to Honolulu give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its Chinatown. Top sights in the city include Aloha Tower, Diamond Head, and Iolani Palace.
- There are 906 hotels and other accommodations in Honolulu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) 6.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa) 21.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honolulu
Attractions like Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its Chinatown and landmarks like Aloha Tower, Iolani Palace, and Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, and Foster Botanical Garden.
In Honolulu, you'll be able to select from 906 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Jet Luxury @ The Trump Waikiki - This 5-star hotel in Waikiki features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
Other top sights in Honolulu include Hawaii State Capitol and Ala Moana Center. Outside the city, popular places to visit include USS Arizona Memorial, located 6.4 mi (10.3 from the heart of the city, and USS Missouri Memorial, which is 7 mi (11.3 away.
Dressing for Honolulu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Honolulu gets about 16.50 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 66°F