Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Queenstown, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours, and ski areas. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its mountain views and wineries. A top sight in the city is Coronet Peak Ski Area.
- There are 222 hotels and other accommodations in Queenstown
- The closest major airport is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.) 6.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Wanaka (WKA) 57.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Queenstown
The lakeside, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Arrow River, Queenstown Gardens, and Queenstown Hill are worth a visit. Taking local tours, skiing, and wine tasting are top activities, while sights to visit include Coronet Peak Ski Area, Ben Lomond Walkway, and Mt Crichton Loop Track. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Toi o Tahuna and Fear Factory Queenstown.
In Queenstown, you'll find 222 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Azur Luxury Lodge - This 5-star bed & breakfast in Sunshine Bay features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Waiorau Homestead - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Spire Hotel Queenstown - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Queenstown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Queenstown each year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 36°F