Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
10 Best Hotels in Canberra
You could be seeing lower prices
Narrow your search
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Canberra, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lakeside setting, and renowned art. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums and shopping. Top sights in the city include EPIC, National Museum of Australia, and Australian National Botanic Gardens.
- There are 137 hotels and other accommodations in Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 6.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Canberra
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include National Museum of Australia, National Gallery of Australia, and Canberra Museum and Gallery. Families come for attractions such as National Zoo and Aquarium, Canberra and Region Visitors Centre, and CSIRO Discovery Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Australian War Memorial, Old Parliament House, and Telstra Tower.
In Canberra, you'll be able to select from 137 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Pommy Tree - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Jamala Wildlife Lodge - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- One of a Kind Apartments - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Northern Canberra can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Canberra include EPIC, Australian National Botanic Gardens, and Parliament House.
Getting Around Canberra
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Kingston Canberra Station or Queanbeyan Railway Station. Canberra may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Canberra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 63°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Average annual rainfall for Canberra is 22.80 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 35°F