Search Rome, Lazio Hotels from AU$58
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 10 Jan. 2020
Where to stay in Rome
4.5/5Wonderful!(97 area reviews)
Relax in wine bars and restaurants, take a walking tour and discover the famous Colosseum and other historic sites in one of Rome’s prominent districts.
4.5/5Wonderful!(45 area reviews)
Listen to live music, try authentic Roman cuisine and stroll to Vatican City from this peaceful neighborhood in Rome.
3.5/5Good!(8 area reviews)
Stay in this peaceful neighborhood, which still retains much of its authentic charm despite touching the edges of Rome’s biggest attraction, Vatican City.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Rome, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, important monuments, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its art, architecture, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and Colosseum.
- There are 4852 hotels and other accommodations in Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino) 14.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.) 22.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rome
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Teatro dell'Opera di Roma. Notable for its cathedral, historic sites, and monuments, the city's landmarks include Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and St. Peter's Basilica. The picturesque setting of Villa Borghese and Bioparco di Roma exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Rome, you'll find 4852 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Vatican Style Suite - With a stay at this guesthouse in Vatican, guests can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- J.K. Place Roma - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Rome City Centre features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Tenuta Cusmano Villa Resort - Amenities at this country house include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bathrooms.
Other favorite sights in Rome include Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and Piazza del Popolo. One of the top places to see outside the city is Marco Simone Golf Club, located 9 mi (14.4 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Rome
With so many transportation options, exploring Rome is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Spagna Station, Barberini Station, and Flaminio - Piazza del Popolo Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Rome Piazzale Flaminio Station, Rome Termini Station, or Rome S. Pietro Station.
Dressing for Rome
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Rome each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Rome?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rome, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Rome?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Rome?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Rome?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Rome?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Rome?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Rome?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Rome?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Rome?
What's the best accommodation in Rome to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Rome?
Recent Reviews in Rome
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Rome airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Rome?
- Where to stay near top Rome attractions?
- More accommodation types in Rome
- What kind of hotels are in Rome?
- Which hotel chains are in Rome?
- What are the most popular hotels in Rome?
- Are there hotels near Rome?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends