Search Cheap Tokyo Hotels AU$74
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 26 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 10 Oct. 2020
Where to stay in Tokyo
4.5/5Wonderful!(751 area reviews)
One of Tokyo's most famous wards has world-class shopping and entertainment options galore.
5/5Exceptional!(173 area reviews)
Step from Tokyo’s busiest train station into streets filled with endless shopping and dining options and the largest concentration of “love hotels” in the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(71 area reviews)
This small area, located in Urayasu just outside of Tokyo, is best known as the gateway to Japan’s wildly popular Tokyo Disney Resort.
4.5/5Wonderful!(100 area reviews)
Named after a silver-coin mint, this district has a long association with affluence. Today it’s where you’ll find some of Japan’s most upmarket labels, restaurants and galleries.
5/5Exceptional!(47 area reviews)
Follow the footsteps of centuries of worshippers along a street filled with traditional snack stalls and through the gates of one of Tokyo’s most popular temples.
Travelers to Tokyo give high marks for the temples, important monuments, and fascinating museums. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, architecture, and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Tokyo Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, and Meiji Jingu Shrine.
- There are 1154 hotels and other accommodations in Tokyo
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda) 14.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.) 57.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tokyo
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Cinemacity, Kabuki-za Theatre, and Mori Art Museum. Attractions like Tokyo Tower and Tokyo Sea Life Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Meiji Jingu Shrine, Sensoji Temple, and Tokyo Sky Tree.
In Tokyo, you'll be able to select from 1154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Palace Hotel Tokyo - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 7 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel & Spa J-MEX - Adults Only - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Shinjuku features free WiFi, free valet parking, and 24-hour room service.
- HOSHINOYA Tokyo - This 5-star ryokan in Otemachi features free WiFi, a bar, and spa services. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Tokyo include Tokyo Imperial Palace, National Diet Building, and Imperial Palace Garden. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Disneyland® Tokyo, located 7.2 mi (11.7 from the city center, and Kawasaki Daishi, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 away.
Getting Around Tokyo
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Tokyo is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Hibiya Station, Yurakucho Station, and Ginza-Itchome Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Tokyo Yurakucho Station, Tokyo Station, or Tokyo Shimbashi Station.
Dressing for Tokyo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Tokyo gets about 62.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Tokyo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tokyo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Tokyo?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Tokyo?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Tokyo?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Tokyo?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Tokyo?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Tokyo?
What's the best boutique hotel in Tokyo?
Recent Reviews in Tokyo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Tokyo airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Tokyo?
- Where to stay near top Tokyo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Tokyo
- What kind of hotels are in Tokyo?
- Which hotel chains are in Tokyo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Tokyo?
- Are there hotels near Tokyo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends