Search Phuket Resorts and Hotels AU$25
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Sep. 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Phuket, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include Patong Beach, Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World, and Chalong Temple.
- There are 2705 hotels and other accommodations in Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.) 26.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Krabi (KBV-Krabi Intl.) 69.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Phuket
Cultural venues in the city include Phuket Trickeye Museum, Thavorn Museum, and Phuket Baba Museum. Families come for attractions such as Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World, Phuket Aquarium, and Phuket Fantasea. Notable city landmarks like Chalong Temple and Big Buddha might be worth a visit.
In Phuket, you'll be able to select from 2705 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sansuko Ville Bungalow Resort - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Trisara Villas & Residences Phuket - This 5-star villa features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 2 restaurants.
Other favorite sights in Phuket include Patong Beach, Bangla Night Street, and Laem Singh Beach. A popular place to see outside the city is Nopparat Thara Beach, located 30.6 mi (49.2 from the city center.
Dressing for Phuket
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 2.91 inches of rain falls on Phuket each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Phuket?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Phuket, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Phuket?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Phuket?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Phuket?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Phuket?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Phuket?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Phuket?
What's the best high-end hotel in Phuket?
What's the best boutique hotel in Phuket?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Phuket?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Phuket?
Recent Reviews in Phuket
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Phuket airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Phuket?
- Where to stay near top Phuket attractions?
- More accommodation types in Phuket
- What kind of hotels are in Phuket?
- Which hotel chains are in Phuket?
- What are the most popular hotels in Phuket?
- Are there hotels near Phuket?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends