Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Patong, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Patong Beach and Bangla Night Street.
- You'll find 2701 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.) 23 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Patong
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Patong Beach, Kalim Beach, and Tri Trang Beach. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Bangla Night Street, Banana Walk, and Royal Paradise Night Market. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jungceylon Shopping Center and Bangla Boxing Stadium.
In Patong, there are 696 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jirana Patong - This 3.5-star villa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Kokotel Phuket Patong - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments - This 4-star apartment features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Phuket Fantasea, located 3.9 mi (6.3 from the heart of the city, and Laem Singh Beach, which is 4.8 mi (7.7 away.
Dressing for Patong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 75°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Patong is 2.91 inches
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 72°F