Search Sydney Hotel Deals AU$97
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 31 Dec. 2020
Where to stay in Sydney
Travelers to Sydney give high marks for the bustling port, renowned opera house, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants, and art. Top sights in the city include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- There are 993 hotels and other accommodations in Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 8.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional) 86.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sydney
Known for its opera, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Theatre Royal, Hyde Park Barracks Museum, and Museum of Sydney. The picturesque setting of Bondi Beach and Newport Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Pitt Street Mall, Centrepoint, and Strand Arcade.
In Sydney, there are 993 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- ADGE Boutique Apartment Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Mrs Banks Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Sydney Eastern Suburbs features free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk.
- The Langham, Sydney - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Sydney include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Showground.
Getting Around Sydney
With so many transportation options, seeing Sydney is simple. Take advantage of metro transit at Martin Place Station, Wynyard Station, and St. James Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Sydney Circular Quay Station, Exhibition Centre Station, or Sydney Central Station. You can take a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Sydney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Sydney gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sydney?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sydney, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sydney?
What's the best place to stay for families in Sydney?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Sydney?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Sydney?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Sydney?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Sydney?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Sydney?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Sydney?
Recent Reviews in Sydney
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sydney airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sydney?
- Where to stay near top Sydney attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sydney
- What kind of hotels are in Sydney?
- Which hotel chains are in Sydney?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sydney?
- Are there hotels near Sydney?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends