Search Hanoi, Vietnam Hotels from AU$11
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 17 Feb. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Hanoi, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours, and fascinating museums. Culturally-rich and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Temple of Literature, and Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre.
- There are 847 hotels and other accommodations in Hanoi
- The closest major airport is in Hanoi (HAN-Noi Bai Intl.) 20.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hanoi
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre, Historical Military Museum, and Vietnam Military History Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Temple of Literature, and Hanoi Citadel. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Hoan Kiem Lake.
In Hanoi, you'll find 847 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Splendid Hotel & Spa - This 3-star hotel in Hoan Kiem features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a computer station. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hanoi Allure Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hoan Kiem can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Hanoi
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Hanoi Long Bien Station, Hanoi Railway Station, or Hanoi Gia Lam Station. Hanoi might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Hanoi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hanoi is 2.17 inches
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Hanoi?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hanoi, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Hanoi?
What's the best hotel for families in Hanoi?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Hanoi?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Hanoi?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Hanoi?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Hanoi?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Hanoi?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Hanoi?
What's the best accommodation in Hanoi to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Hanoi
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Hanoi airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Hanoi?
- Where to stay near top Hanoi attractions?
- More accommodation types in Hanoi
- What kind of hotels are in Hanoi?
- Which hotel chains are in Hanoi?
- What are the most popular hotels in Hanoi?
- Are there hotels near Hanoi?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends