Search Auckland, Auckland Region Hotels from AU$111
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Oct. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auckland, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums and local tours. Top sights in the city include Sky Tower, Mt. Eden, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World.
- There are 592 hotels and other accommodations in Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 17.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Auckland
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland Art Gallery, and Oedipus Rex Gallery. Families come for attractions such as Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Auckland Zoo, and Gulfwind Sailing Academy. Notable city landmarks like Sky Tower and Harbour Bridge might be worth a visit.
In Auckland, you'll find 592 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Tahi Lodge - Matakana Coast - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Oyster Inn - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 4.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast - This 5-star bed & breakfast in Parnell features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Other favorite sights in Auckland include Mt. Eden, Omaha Beach, and Queen Street Shopping District.
Getting Around Auckland
With so many transportation options, seeing Auckland is simple. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Auckland Britomart Station, Auckland Grafton Station, or Auckland Mt Eden Station. You can explore water transportation options at the local port.
Dressing for Auckland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Auckland gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Auckland?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Auckland, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Auckland?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Auckland?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Auckland?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Auckland?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Auckland?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Auckland?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Auckland?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Auckland?
Recent Reviews in Auckland
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Auckland airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Auckland?
- Where to stay near top Auckland attractions?
- More accommodation types in Auckland
- What kind of hotels are in Auckland?
- Which hotel chains are in Auckland?
- What are the most popular hotels in Auckland?
- Are there hotels near Auckland?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends