Search Waiheke Island, Auckland Hotels from AU$147
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 30 Jul. 2020
Visiting Waiheke Island
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Waiheke Island, which is also known for its wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. Top sights in the city include Onetangi Beach and Oneroa Beach.
- You'll find 600 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 36.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waiheke Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Onetangi Beach, Oneroa Beach, and Whakanewha Regional Park. Top activities include wine tasting and taking a ferry, while Tantalus Estate, Saratoga Estate Winery, and Obsidian Waiheke Island Vineyard are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eco Zip Adventures and Waiheke Golf Club.
In Waiheke Island, there are 74 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Oyster Inn - With a stay at this 4.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Enclosure Bay - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Breakfast on the Beach - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, located 16 mi (25.7 from the city center, and Sky Tower, which is 19 mi (30.6 away.
Dressing for Waiheke Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Waiheke Island is 49.25 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Waiheke Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Waiheke Island, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Waiheke Island?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Waiheke Island?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Waiheke Island?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Waiheke Island?
What's the best boutique hotel in Waiheke Island?
What's the best golf hotel in Waiheke Island?
Recent Reviews in Waiheke Island
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Waiheke Island airport?
- Where to stay near top Waiheke Island attractions?
- More accommodation types in Waiheke Island
- What kind of hotels are in Waiheke Island?
- Which hotel chains are in Waiheke Island?
- What are the most popular hotels in Waiheke Island?
- Are there hotels near Waiheke Island?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends