Travelers to Oahu give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its Chinatown. Top sights in the city include USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri Memorial, and Aloha Tower.
- There are 1554 hotels and other accommodations in Oahu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) 14.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa) 19.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oahu
The city's cultural venues include Dole Plantation and Polynesian Cultural Center. Attractions like Wet'n'Wild Hawaii, Honolulu Zoo, and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. Its Chinatown and temples are notable and landmarks include USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri Memorial, and Aloha Tower.
In Oahu, you'll find 1554 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Oahu Kapolei - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Oahu/Kapolei - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Oahu include Diamond Head, Waikele Premium Outlets, and Pearlridge.
Dressing for Oahu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 62°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Average annual rainfall for Oahu is 64.25 inches
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 61°F