Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Haleiwa, which is also known for its gardens. USS Missouri Memorial, USS Arizona Memorial, and Dole Plantation are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Haleiwa
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) 31.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa) 32 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Haleiwa
The beaches, sunsets, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Banzai Pipeline, Waimea Valley, and Waimea National Audubon Society are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waimea Valley and Waimea Bay Beach Park.
In Haleiwa, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Rocky Point Beachfront/Paradise - With a stay at this 3-star vacation home, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Backpackers Vacation Inn and Hostel - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hostel. Amenities at this 1.5-star hostel include free parking.
Popular places to visit in the area include USS Missouri Memorial, located 16.7 mi (26.8 from the heart of the city, and USS Arizona Memorial, which is 16.7 mi (26.9 away.
Dressing for Haleiwa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- About 64.25 inches of rain falls on Haleiwa each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 61°F