Visitors to Federal are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Federal, there are 4 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway) 22.8 from the city center. The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY) 27.6 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Federal
Places to visit in the larger region include Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens, Minyon Falls, and Bangalow Historical Museum & Tea Rooms. Additionally, you'll find Rocky Creek Dam and Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Federal, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 224 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are some of the places to stay in the region:
- Discovery Parks – Byron Bay is located 0.4 mi from the heart of Federal. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star campground in Byron Bay can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a free water park, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Byron Central Apartments is 0.7 mi from central Federal. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Byron Bay can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Beach Suites is 1 mi from the center of Federal. This 4.5-star apartment in Byron Bay features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Federal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 1.34 inches of rain falls on Federal each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F