Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Tweed Heads
Enjoy the beaches, sip a coffee at a groovy café and enjoy the simple pleasures of an ocean-front vacation.
This coastal town is renowned for its scenic coastline, hinterland mountains and long white beaches, making it the perfect base for a seaside getaway.
Relax in this small village on the Tweed Coast and enjoy oceanfront nature reserves, renowned surf breaks and fantastic fishing spots.
This lovely coastal village comes complete with striking volcanic rock formations, excellent outdoor activity options and a wealth of local wildlife.
Visiting Tweed Heads
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tweed Heads, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its volcano viewpoints. Around the area, top sights include Sea World, Surfers Paradise Beach, and Cavill Avenue.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Tweed Heads
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway) 73.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tweed Heads
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Duranbah Beach. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Centro Tweed and Tweed City. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Seagulls Table Tennis.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Tweed Heads. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Beach Cabarita - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- North Star Holiday Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this campground. This 5-star campground features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Tweed Harbour Motor Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see outside the city include Sea World, located 16.2 mi (26 from the city center, and Surfers Paradise Beach, which is 13.3 mi (21.3 away.
Dressing for Tweed Heads
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 59°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tweed Heads is 1.26 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 51°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Tweed Heads?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tweed Heads, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Tweed Heads?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Tweed Heads?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Tweed Heads?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Tweed Heads?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Tweed Heads?
What is the best spa hotel in Tweed Heads?
What's the best hotel in Tweed Heads with a water park on site or close by?
What is staying in Tweed Heads like?
What should I do while I'm visiting Tweed Heads?
What's the weather like in Tweed Heads?
Recent Reviews in Tweed Heads
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Tweed Heads airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Tweed Heads?
- Where to stay near top Tweed Heads attractions?
- More accommodation types in Tweed Heads
- What kind of hotels are in Tweed Heads?
- Which hotel chains are in Tweed Heads?
- What are the most popular hotels in Tweed Heads?
- Are there hotels near Tweed Heads?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends