Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Ballina, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- You'll find 313 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Byron Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway) 3.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY) 29.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballina
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum, Ballina Visitor Information Centre, and Saunders Oval. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ballina Fair Shopping Centre and Ballina Jockey Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Ballina. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Riversleigh Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Ballina Palms Boutique Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Ballina Manor Boutique Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Ballina
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 54°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ballina is 1.34 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F