Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Cancun, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. This city's relaxing setting also attracts tourists. Top sights in the city include La Isla Shopping Mall, Delfines Beach, and El Rey Ruins.
- There are 548 hotels and other accommodations in Cancun
- The closest major airport is in Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.) 14.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.) 73.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cancun
Cultural venues in the city include Cancun Cultural House, Museo Iconografico de la Carrera Panamericana, and Museum of Popular Mexican Art. The city is notable for landmarks like El Rey Ruins, Temple of the Warriors, and El Meco Archaeological Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Delfines Beach, Las Palapas Park, and Laguna Ciega.
In Cancun, you'll be able to select from 548 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Nizuc Resort and Spa - This 5-star resort in Hotel Zone features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- Izla Hotel - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Excellence Playa Mujeres - Adults Only - All Inclusive - This 5-star resort features 7 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable beds.
Other top sights in Cancun include La Isla Shopping Mall.
Getting Around Cancun
Head over to Cancun Bus Station ADO for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for Cancun
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 66°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.65 inches of rain falls on Cancun each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F