Visiting Port Stephens
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Stephens, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. In Port Stephens, there are 286 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 22.5 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Stephens
Favorite family attractions include Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters and Oakvale Farm and Fauna World. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dutchies Beach, Samurai Beach, and Bennetts Beach Hawks Nest. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and whale watching, while Soldiers Point Marina, Port Stephens, and Karuah and District Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Stephens, there are 286 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Mitchells Waterfront Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Anne's Waterfront Haven B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bali at the Bay - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Dressing for Port Stephens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Port Stephens gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F