Search Nelson Bay, New South Wales Hotels from AU$117
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Nelson Bay
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Nelson Bay, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its spas and golf courses.
- You'll find 286 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 29.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Nelson Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dutchies Beach, Gan Gan Hill Lookout, and Fly Point Marine Reserve. Exploring the waterfront, golfing, and whale watching are top activities, while sights to visit include Nelson Bay Golf Club and d'Albora Marinas Nelson Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nelson Head Lighthouse and Tomaree National Park.
In Nelson Bay, there are 148 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nelson Bay Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Halifax Holiday Park - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this campground. With a stay at this 4-star campground, guests can enjoy access to a café and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Marty's @ Little Beach - This 4-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Dressing for Nelson Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Nelson Bay gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Nelson Bay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Nelson Bay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Nelson Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Nelson Bay?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Nelson Bay?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Nelson Bay?
What's the best high-end hotel in Nelson Bay?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Nelson Bay?
Recent Reviews in Nelson Bay
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Nelson Bay airport?
- Where to stay near top Nelson Bay attractions?
- More accommodation types in Nelson Bay
- What kind of hotels are in Nelson Bay?
- Which hotel chains are in Nelson Bay?
- What are the most popular hotels in Nelson Bay?
- Are there hotels near Nelson Bay?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends