Search Shoal Bay, Port Stephens Hotels from AU$152
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 6 Jun. 2019
Reviewed on 9 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 16 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 9 Oct. 2020
Visiting Shoal Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shoal Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its spas and bars.
- You'll find 286 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 33 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shoal Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mount Tomaree. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tomaree National Park and Myall Lakes National Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Shoal Bay. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bali at the Bay - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Shoal Bay Holiday Park - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this campground. This 4-star campground features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space.
- Ramada Resort Shoal Bay - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with digital TV. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Dressing for Shoal Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shoal Bay is 1.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Shoal Bay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shoal Bay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Shoal Bay?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Shoal Bay?
What's the best high-end hotel in Shoal Bay?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shoal Bay?
Recent Reviews in Shoal Bay
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Shoal Bay airport?
- Where to stay near top Shoal Bay attractions?
- More accommodation types in Shoal Bay
- What kind of hotels are in Shoal Bay?
- Which hotel chains are in Shoal Bay?
- What are the most popular hotels in Shoal Bay?
- Are there hotels near Shoal Bay?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends