Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newcastle, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodations in Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 14.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle
Families come for attractions such as Merewether Ocean Baths, Hunter Region Botanic Gardens, and Oakvale Farm and Fauna World. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Foreshore Park, King Edward Park, and Newcastle Ocean Baths. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Christ Church Cathedral and Newcastle Art Gallery.
In Newcastle, you'll find 146 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chaucer Palms Boutique Bed & Breakfast - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Brezza Bella Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Newcastle
With so many ways to get around, exploring Newcastle is easy. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Civic Station, Newcastle Interchange Station, or Hamilton Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Newcastle
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Newcastle each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F