Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 1 Mar. 2020
Visiting Port Douglas
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Port Douglas, and visitors give high marks for the coral reefs and lush rainforest. Top sights in the city include Great Barrier Reef and Mossman Gorge.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodations in Port Douglas
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 53.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Douglas
Favorite family attractions include Wildlife Habitat and Hartley's Crocodile Adventures. The rainforest and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Great Barrier Reef, Mossman Gorge, and Four Mile Beach. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and exploring the waterfront, while Sugar Wharf, Marina Mirage, and Shannonvale Tropical Fruit Winery are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Douglas, you'll be able to select from 146 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Verandahs - This 4.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Silky Oaks Lodge - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this lodge. With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private balcony.
- Reflections of Port Douglas - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, located 28.4 mi (45.7 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Port Douglas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 81.65 inches of rain falls on Port Douglas each year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 63°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Port Douglas?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Port Douglas, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Port Douglas?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Port Douglas?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Port Douglas?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Port Douglas?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Port Douglas?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Port Douglas?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Port Douglas?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Port Douglas?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Port Douglas?
Recent Reviews in Port Douglas
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Port Douglas airport?
- Where to stay near top Port Douglas attractions?
- More accommodation types in Port Douglas
- What kind of hotels are in Port Douglas?
- Which hotel chains are in Port Douglas?
- What are the most popular hotels in Port Douglas?
- Are there hotels near Port Douglas?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends