Visiting Oak Beach
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Oak Beach, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and rainforests. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Great Barrier Reef and Mossman Gorge.
- You'll find 149 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Douglas
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 39.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Beach
The city's beaches and rainforest provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Coral Sea. In the area, you'll also find Great Barrier Reef and Mossman Gorge.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve - This 4.5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Oak Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Average annual rainfall for Oak Beach is 81.65 inches
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 63°F