Visitors to Wangetti are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its bars. Around the area, top sights include Great Barrier Reef, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park.
- You'll find 149 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Douglas
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 30.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wangetti
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea. Additionally, you might want to add Hartley's Crocodile Adventures to your agenda.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Turtle Cove Beach Resort - Caters to LGBT Guests - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Popular places to see around the area include Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, located 13.8 mi (22.2 from the city center, and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park, which is 19.6 mi (31.5 away.
Dressing for Wangetti
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Wangetti is 81.65 inches
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F