Search Kuranda, Queensland Hotels from AU$142
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Kuranda has to offer including the zoo, rainforests, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its local tours. Top sights around the area include Great Barrier Reef, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park. The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 14.1 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuranda
Cultural venues in the city include Kuranda Arts Co-Op Gallery, Djurri Dadagal Art Enterprises, and Peter Jarver Gallery. Attractions like Australian Venom Zoo and Rainforestation Nature Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural beauty is on display at Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld Kuranda, and Barron Falls Lookout.
As you start planning your visit to Kuranda, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 202 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are a few of the places to stay in the region:
- Palm Royale Cairns is 1.1 mi from the center of Kuranda. This 3.5-star hotel in Kuranda features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar.
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns is 10.3 mi from central Kuranda. This 4-star hotel in Manunda features 2 outdoor pools, free parking, and a café. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Cairns Plaza Hotel is located 11.1 mi from the heart of Kuranda. This 4-star hotel in Cairns North features 3 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Great Barrier Reef, located 9.6 mi (15.4 from the heart of the city, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which is 3.7 mi (6 away.
Getting Around Kuranda
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Kuranda Station. Kuranda might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kuranda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 81.65 inches of rain falls on Kuranda each year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 63°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kuranda?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kuranda, will I receive a refund?
Recent Reviews in Kuranda
More trip options
- Which hotels are closest to the Kuranda airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kuranda?
- Where to stay near top Kuranda attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kuranda
- What kind of hotels are in Kuranda?
- Which hotel chains are in Kuranda?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kuranda?
- Are there hotels near Kuranda?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends