Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Travelers to Hakone give high marks for the world-class hot springs and lakeside setting. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its sightseeing tours, museums, and spas.
- There are 188 hotels and other accommodations in Hakone
- The closest major airport is in Oshima (OIM) 58.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda) 74.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hakone
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Hakone Open Air Museum, Okada Museum of Art, and Hakone Museum of Photography. The hot springs, mountain views, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Horai Garden, Chisuji Falls, and Hakone Gora Park are worth a visit. Sightseeing is one of the top activities, while Hiryu Falls, Hakone Ropeway, and Owaku-dani Valley are favorite sights to visit.
In Hakone, you'll be able to select from 188 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hakone Gora Byakudan - Amenities at this 4-star ryokan include free train station pick-up and free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hakone Hisui - Our customers like the helpful staff at this ryokan. With a stay at this 4-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Gora Kadan - This 4-star ryokan features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Hakone
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Hakone Miyanoshita Station, Hakone Gora Station, or Hakone Ohiradai Station. Hakone may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Hakone
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hakone is 45.47 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Hakone?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hakone, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Hakone?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Hakone?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Hakone?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Hakone?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Hakone?
What is the best spa hotel in Hakone?
How is it staying in Hakone?
What is there to see in Hakone?
What's the best way to get around Hakone?
What's the weather like in Hakone?
Recent Reviews in Hakone
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Hakone airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Hakone?
- Where to stay near top Hakone attractions?
- More accommodation types in Hakone
- What kind of hotels are in Hakone?
- Which hotel chains are in Hakone?
- What are the most popular hotels in Hakone?
- Are there hotels near Hakone?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends