Search Windsor, England Hotels from AU$97
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Windsor, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and university setting. Top sights in the city include Windsor Castle, Legoland, and Frogmore House.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Windsor
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 11 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 47.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Windsor
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Windsor Castle, Frogmore House, and Windsor Parish Church. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Windsor Royal Shopping Centre, King Edward Court Shopping, and Eton High Street Shopping. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Eton College is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Windsor. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Winning Post - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Macdonald Windsor Hotel - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room size at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Prince George Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other top sights in Windsor include Legoland. Top places to see outside the city include The Lightbox, located 11.3 mi (18.2 from the heart of the city, and Wembley Stadium, which is 15 mi (24.1 away.
Getting Around Windsor
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Windsor & Eton Central Station or Windsor & Eton Riverside Station. Windsor may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Windsor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Windsor each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Windsor?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Windsor, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Windsor?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Windsor?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Windsor?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Windsor?
What's the best luxury hotel in Windsor?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Windsor?
Where's the best place to stay in Windsor to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Windsor?
Recent Reviews in Windsor
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Windsor airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Windsor?
- Where to stay near top Windsor attractions?
- More accommodation types in Windsor
- Which hotel chains are in Windsor?
- What are the most popular hotels in Windsor?
- Are there hotels near Windsor?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends