History buffs will enjoy exploring Slough, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Windsor Castle, Legoland, and The Lightbox.
- You'll find 4540 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 11 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton) 43.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Slough
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as St. Mary's Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Paul's Church and St. Laurence Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Slough. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ostrich Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5 - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Heathrow / Windsor Marriott Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Windsor Castle, located 2 mi (3.2 from the heart of the city, and Legoland, which is 3.9 mi (6.3 away.
Getting Around Slough
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Slough Station, Slough Datchet Station, or Slough Langley Station. Slough may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Slough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Slough gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 36°F