Travelers to Staines give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens and bars. Top sights around the area include Windsor Castle, Legoland, and The Lightbox.
- You'll find 4384 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 5.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 39.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Staines
Notable city landmarks like Staines Bridge and Runnymede might be worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Windsor Castle and Legoland.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Staines. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Stanwell Heathrow - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Swan Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Boleyn Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include The Lightbox, located 8.6 mi (13.8 from the city center, and Wembley Stadium, which is 12.7 mi (20.4 away.
Getting Around Staines
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Staines Station or Wraysbury Station. Staines may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Staines
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Staines gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 36°F