Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Chertsey, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, golf courses, and riverfront. The Lightbox, Legoland, and Windsor Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Chertsey
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 11.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 35.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chertsey
Favorite places to visit in the city include Thorpe Park, Chertsey Museum, and Chertsey Abbey. In the area, you'll also find The Lightbox and Legoland.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Chertsey. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Foxhills Club And Resort - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Runnymede can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and 2 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and room size.
- Thyme at the Tavern - This 3-star inn in Runnymede features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hamilton's - This 4-star inn in Runnymede features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Windsor Castle, located 7.7 mi (12.4 from the city center, and Wembley Stadium, which is 16.5 mi (26.5 away.
Getting Around Chertsey
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Chertsey Station. Chertsey may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chertsey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Chertsey each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F