Travelers to Maidenhead give high marks for the riverfront, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Legoland, Windsor Castle, and Oracle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Maidenhead
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 20.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Maidenhead
Notable city landmarks like All Saints' Church and Maidenhead Railway Bridge might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bray Marina and Stanley Spencer Art Gallery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Maidenhead. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crazy Fox Hurley Boutique Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Pinkneys Court Mews - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a library.
- Cliveden - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Legoland, located 5.6 mi (9.1 from the heart of the city, and Windsor Castle, which is 6.3 mi (10.2 away.
Getting Around Maidenhead
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Maidenhead Station, Maidenhead Furze Platt Station, or Maidenhead Taplow Station. Maidenhead might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Maidenhead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Maidenhead gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F