Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wokingham, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and tucked away, this city will delight tourists with its bars, spas, and gardens. Top sights around the area include Oracle, Legoland, and Windsor Castle.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Wokingham
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 28.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 54.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wokingham
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and California Country Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wokingham Town Hall and Holme Grange Craft Village.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Wokingham. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Cantley House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Oracle, located 6.6 mi (10.6 from the city center, and Legoland, which is 9.7 mi (15.6 away.
Getting Around Wokingham
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Wokingham Station or Wokingham Winnersh Station. Wokingham might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wokingham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Wokingham each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F