Search Reading, England Hotels from AU$53
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors give high marks for the riverfront in Reading, which is also known for its festivals and breweries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights in the city include Oracle, Reading Abbey Ruins, and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 135 hotels and other accommodations in Reading
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 36.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF) 48 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reading
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Reading Museum and Town Hall, Hexagon, and Museum of English Rural Life. The city is notable for landmarks like Reading Abbey Ruins, Mapledurham House and Watermill, and Minster Church of St Mary the Virgin. The riverfront and countryside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Forbury Gardens, Prospect Park, and Pincents Hill.
In Reading, there are 135 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Cricketers - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Stanford Dingley Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- 100 Kings Road by House of Fisher - This 4-star aparthotel features free WiFi, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk.
Other top sights in Reading include Oracle and Madejski Stadium. Outside the city, top places to visit include Legoland, located 14 mi (22.5 from the city center, and Windsor Castle, which is 15.7 mi (25.3 away.
Getting Around Reading
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Reading Station, Reading West Station, or Reading Earley Station. Reading might not have as many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Reading
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Reading gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Reading?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Reading, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Reading?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Reading?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Reading?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Reading?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Reading?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Reading?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Reading?
What's the best hotel in Reading that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Reading
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Reading airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Reading?
- Where to stay near top Reading attractions?
- More accommodation types in Reading
- What kind of hotels are in Reading?
- Which hotel chains are in Reading?
- What are the most popular hotels in Reading?
- Are there hotels near Reading?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends