Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Basingstoke, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, art, and archaeological sites. Around the area, top sights include Oracle, Jane Austen's House Museum, and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Basingstoke
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU) 39.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 49.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Basingstoke
Notable city landmarks like Basing House and St Mary's Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Anvil and Festival Place.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Basingstoke. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Oakley Hall Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Smart Stay Skyline Plaza - Amenities at this 4-star apartment include parking and an in-room kitchen.
- Audleys Wood Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Oracle, located 14.2 mi (22.8 from the city center, and Jane Austen's House Museum, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 away.
Getting Around Basingstoke
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Basingstoke Station or Basingstoke Overton Station. Basingstoke might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Basingstoke
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Basingstoke each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F